What Programs Are Available To Assist Elderly Adults in Rhode Island?

Which state department assist seniors in Rhode Island? Rhode Island's Department of Human Services manages the Global Consumer Choice Compact Waiver.

What programs assist older adults Rhode Island? The Global Consumer Choice Compact Waiver assists elderly adults in Rhode Island.

What is the best number to call to get started? Call Rhode Island Works at (401) 415-8200 to learn more about programs that can help elderly adults. Or call (401) 462-4444, THE POINT, which provides information, referrals, and help getting started with programs and services for seniors, adults with disabilities, and their caregivers.

Is there a website to learn more? http://www.dhs.ri.gov/
Global Choice webpage.
Global Choice VIDEO

Who Qualifies For Assistance?

Who qualifies for the elderly waiver in Rhode Island? Elders 65 and over who are at risk for needing long term care (LTC) with income at or below 200 percent of the FPL qualify for assistance in Rhode Island. Effective January 1, 2014, expenditure authority for those at risk for LTC with income at or below 250 percent of the FPL who are in need of home and community- based services (state only group).

Is There a Waiting List For Services?

Is there a waiting list for elderly services in Rhode Island? Unknown

What Services Are Offered & What Are The Service Limitations?

What services does the Medicaid waiver program offer? Services available for elderly persons in Rhode Island include: Personal Emergency Response System; Home Modifications; Senior Companions; Adult Day Services; Respite Care; PACE; Assisted Living; Shared Living; Personal Choice Program; and Hospice.

How Do You Select A Provider?

Do you have a choice in providers? Individuals can choose to have their services provided by any of the 37 community agencies licensed by BHDDH and/or certified by DDD or they can choose to utilize a fiscal intermediary and hire their own staff.

How Do You Become A Provider?

If you need help with the application process call: Dianne Folco (401) 784-3801. To participate in the RI Medicaid, providers must be located and performing services in Rhode Island or in a border community.

Additional Information

If you are living at home, a call to THE POINT at (401) 462-4444 is a good place to start. They can let you know about home and community services that may meet your needs and options for paying for services. Depending on your needs and your financial situation, you may be able to get help to pay for home and community services through the Rhode Island Medicaid Program or the RI Department of Elderly Affairs.