What Programs Are Available To Assist Elderly Adults in Montana?

Which state department assist seniors in Montana? The Elderly and Physically Disabled Waiver provide assistance to elderly adults in Montana.

What is the best number to call to get started with Waiver services in Montana? To make a referral for Home & Community Based Services contact the Mountain Pacific Quality Health Foundation at 1-800-219-7035.

Is there a website? http://www.dphhs.mt.gov

Who Qualifies For Assistance?

Who qualifies for the Elderly Waiver in Montana? The HCBS Waiver Program offers a variety of service and support choices to a limited number of individuals who are eligible for the program. To be eligible for the HCBS Waiver program, an individual must be elderly or disabled, Medicaid eligible, and require nursing facility or hospital level of care. The majority of the recipients served under this program require nursing facility level of care. To qualify for the HCBS Program, a recipient must be financially eligible for Medicaid and meet the minimum level of care requirements for nursing facility placement. Individuals must have an unmet need that can only be resolved through a home & community based service in order to qualify for the program.

Is There a Waiting List For Services?

Is there a waiting list for the elderly waiver in Montana? Montana has reported a waiting list for the elderly waiver. When a slot become available, the person with the greatest need is selected.

What Services Are Offered & What Are The Service Limitations?

What services does the Medicaid waiver program offer in Montana? Services include: Adult Residential Living, Adult Day Health, Case Management, Chemical Dependency Counseling, Dietician, Environmental Adaptations, Habilitation Services, Homemaker Services, Nutrition, Personal Assistance, PERS, Private Duty Nursing, Psychosocial Consultation, Respiratory Therapy, Respite Care, Special Child Care, Transportation, Therapies (OT, PT, Speech), Specially Trained Attendant, Specialized medical equipment and supplies, and Services for Individuals with Traumatic Brain Injury.

How Do You Select A Provider?

Who will provide my services?
Providers must enroll through Xerox.

Additional Information

The Community Services Bureau administers a number of Medicaid-funded options that enable people who are aged or disabled and who have limited income and resources to remain in their homes, rather than receive services in a hospital or nursing facility. Those programs include the Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) Waiver program, Personal Assistance Services, Home Health and Hospice.