What Programs Are Available To Assist Elderly Adults in Kansas?

Which state department assist seniors in Kansas? The Kansas Frail Elderly Waiver serves older adults (65+ years). Kansas has a variety of programs promoting independent living in safe, healthy environments. Individuals age 65 or older who qualify for Medicaid benefits may be eligible to receive services through the Home and Community Based Services/Frail Elderly program (HCBS/FE). The goal of HCBS/FE is to provide long term care services in the most integrated care setting of your choice.

What is the best number to call to get started with services in Kansas? If you or a loved one need information about the long-term supports and services available in Kansas, the Aging and Disability Resource Center, or ADRC, is the place to go. ADRC is the single entry point for older adults and persons with disabilities to connect with local experts who can help them choose a long-term care option. The ADRC call center line is answered Monday through Friday 8 am to 5 pm. Or you can leave a message after hours. The ADRC is at work for every Kansas community. For more information, call your local ADRC at 1-855-200-A-D-R-C. That’s 1-855-200-2372.

Is there a website? http://www.kdads.ks.gov/

Who Qualifies For Assistance?

Who qualifies for the Elderly Waiver in Kansas? • You must be age 65 or older and in frail health.
• You must be assessed by a qualified case manager and determined to need long term care services.
• Your countable assets cannot exceed $2,000 (a home and a vehicle are exempt).
• You will be asked to help pay for services if your countable income is greater than the allowable income per month (your local Kansas Department of Social and Rehabilitation Services (SRS) office will help you determine your current allowable income).

Is There a Waiting List For Services?

Is there a waiting list for the elderly waiver in Kansas? Kansas has not reported a waiting list for elderly waiver services.

What Services Are Offered & What Are The Service Limitations?

What services does the elderly Medicaid waiver program offer in Kansas? A plan of care will be developed before you can begin to receive services. This plan of care is based on information gathered during the assessment process. You will be actively involved in creating this plan with help from a case manager for the HCBS/ FE program.
The HCBS/FE Program has many services available to you including: 1. Adult Day Care 2. Assistive Technology 3. Attendant Care Services 4. Comprehensive Support 5. Medication Reminder 6. Nursing Evaluation Visit 7. Oral Health Services 8. Personal Emergency Response 9. Sleep Cycle Support 10. Wellness Monitoring.

How Do You Select A Provider?

Who will provide my services?
All HCBS FE providers must enroll and receive a provider number before providing HCBS FE services.

Do you have a choice in providers in Kansas? Yes, you can select your own provider in Kansas.

Additional Information

The Kansas Department for Aging and Disability Services has contracted with the Southwest Kansas Area Agency on Aging, which subcontracts with the state’s 10 other AAAs to function as individual parts of the Aging and Disability Resource Center. ADRC serves the entire state in providing people of all incomes and ages with information on the full range of long-term support options. ADRC provides individual personalized Options Counseling Services through local Community Options Specialists who can meet with you to help you sort through your options and connect you to services based on your own preferences, strengths and values.

To see if you qualify for Medicaid benefits, contact the closest SRS office and tell them you would like to apply for Medicaid and the HCBS/FE program. Call 888-369-4777 for the application